Spotlight . . .
Community - Campus Day of Service
April 5, 2014
On Saturday, April 5th, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign kicked off National Volunteer Week with an inaugural Community-Campus Day of Service. Over 60 students, faculty and staff worked with six community partners on seven projects to complete pre-construction projects, community garden spring preparation projects, flyering in the community, reorganizing classrooms at Tap in Leadership Academy, cataloging choral literature, and preparing a Bee Garden. A big thank you goes out to all who helped on April 5!
Enriching perspectives through community engagement
Outreach Report Archive
Back to Current Weekend List
- October 12-13, 2007: Precinct 12 (CCP12), Cemetery Cleanup, SENDO, Dayton Wedgewood, Katherine Dunham Center, Eagle's Nest, Opal's House
- September 21-22, 2007: Village Theatre Roof, Opal's House Clean-Up, Eagle's Nest Fence clean-up, ARCH401 class work, UP260 data collection.
- March 30-31, 2007 : Brooklyn, SENDO cleanup, Opal's House, Eagle's Nest, Lessie Bates Davis, Katherine Dunham Center, Arch 401.
- March 9-10, 2007 : The Village Theatre, East St. Louis Park District Signs, St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Shop, Arch 401, Shiloh Door Repair, Katherine Dunham Center clean-up, Brooklyn Meetings
- September 29-30, 2006: Report being compiled
- October 13-14, 2006: Report being compiled
- November 10-11, 2006: Report being compiled
- December 1-2, 2006: Report being compiled
- April 28-29, 2006 : Opal's House Renovation, Shiloh AME Church Demolition, Community Technology Centers completion (LIS 315)
- April 21-22, 2006 : Shiloh AME Church drywall installation
- April 7-8, 2006 : Precinct 12 Neighborhood Cleanup, Opal's House Renovation, Shiloh AME Church Demolition
- March 10-11 , 2006 : GISLIS Community Technology Centers, Opal's House Demolition
- February 10-11, 2006 : Class work, Eagle's Nest, Opal's House
- November 11-12, 2005 : Rebuilding picnic tables at Jones Park, Eagle's Nest drywall project, LA/RST Charette.
- October 21-22, 2005 : Updating the Community Technology needs of East St. Louis and the surrounding areas.
- October 14-15, 2005 : Flyering with members of the South End New Development Organization, The Village Theatre tarping, Picnic Table renovation, Rush City, Assisting Precinct 12, East St. Louis Buyers Guide, Eagle's Nest, Emerson Park Development Corporation's Youth Build Visit, American Bottom Conservancy - Toxic Tour Emerson Park Development Corporation's Social Work Visit
- September 16-17 2005 : ESLARP tool-move, Concerned Citizens of Precinct 12
- April 8-9 2005 :Sendo Spring Beautification, Village Theatre Gazebo, Land of Lincoln Housing Assessments, CTC Setup, Emerson Park Neighbohood Revitalization Presentation
- March11-12 2005 : Beautifying Jackie Joyner-Kersee Center, Emerson Park Youth Build Activity & Lessie Bates Tour, Land of Lincoln Housing Assessments, CTC Setup
- February 11-12 2005 : Inventory of Parks and Open Spaces in East St. Louis, Community Concepts Database, Land of Lincoln Housing Assessments, Physical Conditios and Metro Link Survey
- November 5-6 2004 : The Village Theatre Retaining Wall, Land of Lincoln Housing Assessments, Rush City Cleanup, 41st St. Flyering, Book Slavage
- October 15-16 & October 22-23 2004 : Landscaping Jackie Joyner-Kersee Center, 41st St. Charette, The Village Theatre Retaining Wall, Emerson Park Data Collection, Land of Lincoln Housing Assessments, Golden Garden's Cleanup
- September 17-18 2004 : Illinois Avenue Playground, Concerned Citizens of Precinct 12, Emerson Park Survey
- April 30- May 1, 2004 : Insulating and drywalling the Postive House, Village Theatre Renovations, Emerson Park Cleanup, New Bethel Church Flyering, CTC Setup
- March 5-6, 2004 : Painting St. Paul Baptist Church Communtiy Theatre, Winstanly/Industry Neighborhood Condition Survey (NCS), Crossroads Academy cleanning and organizing.
- February 5-8, 2004 : Architecture 374 Design Studio, Leisure Studies 199ST Tourism Development
2003: Mar - Apr - June - Sep - Oct - Nov
2002: Feb - Mar - Apr - Sep - Oct - Nov
2001: Feb - Mar - Sep - Oct
2000: Apr - Aug - Sep - Oct
1999: Jan - Feb - Mar(ASB1) - Mar(ASB2) - Mar(ASB3) - Mar - Sep - Oct
1998: Mar(ASB) - Apr A - Apr B - May - Sep - Oct A - Oct B
1997: Mar - May - Sep - Oct - Nov
1996: Apr - Nov
Last updated on 7/22/2011